Jason P. Kasting
Jason joined Broening Oberg Woods & Wilson in 2018, bringing years of litigation experience from both large and small firm environments. Jason has expertise in many areas of civil litigation, including insurance defense, bad faith, professional liability, and trucking and transportation. He has been recognized as a Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star consistently since 2014. In 2016, Jason was President of the Arizona Association of Defense Counsel’s Young Lawyers Division. Jason has successfully defended clients in hundreds of cases, including in depositions, arbitrations, mediations, dispositive motions, and at trial.
Jason is an Arizona native. He attended Arizona State University for his undergraduate and legal education. While in law school, Jason clerked for Judges John Gemmill and Maurice Portley of the Arizona Court of Appeals, and for the civil division of the Arizona Attorney General’s office. In his free time, Jason competes in marathons and Ironman triathlons throughout the U.S. and internationally.
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University, J.D. 2010
William H. Pedrick Scholar, Highest Pro Bono Distinction
- Arizona State University
B.A. English (Literature), 2007
- State Bar of Arizona, 2010
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2011
- United States Supreme Court, 2014
- State Bar of Arizona, Member 2010 – present
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Member, 2011 – present
- Young Lawyers Division (President 2016, Vice President 2015, Secretary 2014, Member 2011-2014)
- Annually selected for inclusion in Southwest Super Lawyers – Rising Stars 2014 – 2018