Jonathan Y. Yu
Jonathan, a Valley native, joined Broening Oberg Woods & Wilson in 2020, having developed his insurance defense practice for several years prior at a local boutique firm. His practice areas include commercial general liability, public entity defense, and insurance subrogation, and he has represented various small to medium-sized Arizona municipalities in depositions, mediations, administrative hearings, and oral arguments, including at the appellate court level. Before practicing law, Jonathan studied Journalism at Arizona State University’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, and obtained his law degree from Gonzaga University School of Law in Spokane, Washington.
When Jonathan is not busy defending his clients he enjoys weightlifting, cooking, and traveling locally and internationally.
- Gonzaga University School of law, 2014
Gonzaga Law Review
- Arizona State University
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, 2011
B.A. Print Journalism
- State Bar of Arizona, 2015
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2015
- In 2017 Jonathan represented the City of Kingman and its insurer in an accounting malpractice subrogation lawsuit involving a multi-million-dollar embezzlement scheme. Arizona Municipal Risk Retention Pool v. Heinfeld Meech & Co., CV-2017-00323.
- In 2019 Jonathan defended the Town of Payson in a premises liability case before the Arizona Court of Appeals Division 2 resulting in an unpublished Memorandum Decision dismissing the lawsuit based on Arizona’s Recreational Use Statute.