Kirstin M. Dvorchak
Kirstin joined Broening Oberg Woods & Wilson as Of Counsel in May of 2022. She spent the first nine years of her legal practice in Colorado, before returning to her roots in Arizona. Throughout her career, Kirstin has focused on insurance litigation, including bad faith, commercial liability, general liability, personal injury defense, and coverage. She routinely handles client needs at all stages in both federal and state courts, from initial evaluation, to trial, and through appeals. Kirstin has tried over 15 jury trials to verdict, as well as defended clients in bench trials and arbitration. Since joining Broening Oberg Woods & Wilson, Kirstin’s practice has widened to include governmental defense.
Kirstin graduated from Arizona State University in 2008, with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Political Science and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in History. She then attended law school in Colorado at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
Outside of work, Kirstin volunteers as a high school mock trial coach, enjoys spending time with her family and friends, and traveling.
- Sturm College of Law, University of Denver, J.D. 2013
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, East Team, 2013
- Second Runner-Up Best Oralist, MOOT Shanghai, 2013
- The Race to the Bottom, Staff Editor, 2012-2013
- Arizona State University, 2008
- Provost Scholarship
- Barrett, The Honors College
- Honors Thesis – “Interest Groups and the Supreme Court: The Movement to Amici Briefs”
- B.S. Political Science, B.A. History
- State Bar of Colorado, 2013
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 2016
- State Bar of Arizona, 2022
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2022
- Selected for inclusion in Colorado Super Lawyers – Rising Stars 2021 and 2022
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Colorado Defense Lawyer’s Association, Member
- Colorado Defense Lawyer’s Association Trial Academy, Mentor and Speaker