Leah joined Broening Oberg Woods & Wilson as an associate in 2019. She focuses her practice on medical malpractice defense.
After graduating from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University in 2012, Leah practiced as a criminal defense attorney with the Maricopa County Office of the Public Defender where she provided high-quality representation to indigent people charged with felony offenses. Leah gained extensive trial experience and courtroom exposure during her time as a PD. As a result of her successful litigation strategies and creative case workup, Leah reached favorable trial and pre-trial resolutions for hundreds of clients.
Leah was born and raised in Calgary, Alberta in a household of healthcare professionals. She received her Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Health Physiology from the University of Calgary. Leah’s background affords her insight into the complexities of medical liability cases and gives her an understanding of the unique circumstances a medical provider faces in navigating the legal system.
Leah relocated to the U.S. when she was recruited to be a synchronized swimmer and original cast member of Le Rêve, an aquatic show at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas. She brings her love and passion for performing into the courtroom.
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University, J.D. 2012
Highest Pro Bono Distinction
University of Calgary, B.S. Exercise & Health Physiology, 2007
- State Bar of Arizona, 2012
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice
Presentations & Publications
- Articles Editor, Law Journal For Social Justice, 2010 – 2012
- Co-Author, Revisiting Carpenter: The Use of Subpoenas Duces Tecum, For The Defense (Fall 2018 Issue)
- CLE Presenter, Effective and Ethical Representation in the Early Representation Units, Arizona Public Defenders Association, 2016
- CLE Co-Presenter, The Impact of Social Media on Jury Selection, CLE by the Sea, 2018
- Faculty, Advanced Trial Advocacy, Maricopa County Public Defender, 2017