Leanne T. Hay
Leanne started as a summer law clerk at Broening Oberg Woods & Wilson in 2019 and began as an associate in 2020. She focuses her practice on medical malpractice defense and represents healthcare providers both in litigation and before various professional and licensing boards.
Before law school, Leanne graduated summa cum laude from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology while also working as a licensed pharmacy technician. Leanne’s background in healthcare gives her a unique perspective defending medical providers.
During law school, Leanne served as the Senior Note & Comment Editor on the Jurimetrics Editorial Board, earning her the Outstanding Mentor Award. During her tenure, she authored and published an article discussing litigation involving off-label uses of medical devices. She also interned for a Federal District Court judge, the Maricopa County Public Defender’s Office, and the Governor’s Regulatory Review Council. She graduated cum laude in 2020 as an O’Connor Honors Merit Scholar.
She enjoys spending her free time outdoors, hiking, mountain climbing, and backpacking with her dachshund. Leanne is also passionate about giving back to the community and is proud to be spearheading an effort to provide pro bono name changes to members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University, J.D. 2020
- Cum laude
- O’Connor Honors Merit Scholar & Pedrick Scholar
- Jurimetrics: The Journal of Law, Science, and Technology, Editorial Board 2018-2020
- University of Georgia
- Presidential Scholar
- Summa cum laude
- B.A. Sociology
- State Bar of Arizona, 2020
- Arizona Bar Association, Member 2020 – present
- Outstanding 3L Mentor Award
- CALI award for highest grade, Criminal Procedure, 2019
Presentations & Publications
- “Stopping the Confusion: Why Widening the Preemption Gap Through the Parallel-Claims Exception Promotes Off-Label Uses of Medical Devices,” Jurimetrics, Fall 2019
- “Social Media Best Practices,” Presenter, Broening Oberg Woods + Wilson, October 2019
- “Understanding Medical Device Claims in Our Practice and How to Use FDA Resources,” Presenter, Broening Oberg Woods + Wilson, June 2021
- “Name Changes,” Co-Presenter, Broening Oberg Woods + Wilson, April 2022