Nicole M. Prefontaine
Nicole joined Broening Oberg Woods & Wilson in 2021, continuing her practice in insurance defense litigation. Her practice areas include commercial general liability, insurance bad faith, personal injury defense, and premises liability. Prior to graduating from law school at Arizona State University’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Nicole attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison where she obtained a bachelor’s degree in Legal Studies and a certificate in Criminal Justice. Nicole then gained experience at a plaintiff’s firm in Chicago before attending law school.
In law school, Nicole served as the Senior Note and Comment Editor for Jurimetrics and received the Outstanding Mentor Award. Nicole authored a comment which was published in the Jurimetrics journal. She also was the Vice President of the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, filed trademarks and office action responses for clients within the Lisa Foundation Patent Clinic, participated in moot court, and externed for the Honorable Danielle Viola at Maricopa County Superior Court. She received the Dean’s Outstanding Performance Award in connection with her efforts in establishing the ASU Corporate and Business Law Journal.
Outside of work, Nicole enjoys snowboarding, horseback riding, and exploring with her dog, Hudson.
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University, J.D. 2019
- Pedrick Scholar | Fall 2016, Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Fall 2018
- Jurimetrics Journal
2017-2018 Associate Editor |2018-2019 Senior Note & Comment Editor | 2019 Best Mentor Award
- Corporate and Business Law Society | Class of 2019 Representative, Secretary
- Moot Court | 2018 Alan Matheson Client Counseling – 4th Place
- Student Animal Legal Defense Fund | Vice President 2018-2019
- Lisa Foundation Patent Law Clinic | Student Fall 2018
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, 2015
Bachelor of Science: Legal Studies
Certificate: Criminal Justice
- State Bar of Arizona, 2019
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2019