Wesley S. Loy
President & Shareholder
Wesley (Wes) Loy joined Broening Oberg Woods and Wilson, P.C. in August 1987. With his extensive business education, Wes’ practice focuses upon business and commercial matters, often serving as outside general legal counsel to a wide variety of businesses in the real estate investment, manufacturing, construction, licensed professional services, healthcare services, and hospitality industries. This combination of education and practical experience allows him to relate to his client’s needs and concerns. His clients seek advice and counsel on a wide variety of matters, from entity formation, day to day operational and personnel issues, legal and regulatory compliance, finance, equipment acquisitions and leasing, real estate sales and purchases, real estate leasing, financing, the purchase and sale of businesses, as well dispute resolution through mediation, the courts and arbitration. This business/legal background has also allowed Wes to represent professionals in legal and accounting malpractice claims. Wes holds an AV® Preeminent Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating System.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of Kentucky Gatton College of Business, M.B.A.,1983
- University of Kentucky Gatton College of Business, B.S.,1979
- State Bar of Arizona, (1983)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
Real Estate Transactions
- Purchase/Sale of Unimproved Land, Commercial Property, Industrial Property, and High-Density Residential Property.
- Acquisition, Sale, Leaseback and Construction Financing for development of Commercial Property.
- Commercial Leases (business condominium, office, restaurant, & industrial).
- Real Estate Financing (Commercial and Industrial).
- Section 363 Bankruptcy Purchases/Sales.
Real Estate Litigation
- Boundary disputes/prescriptive easements.
- Landlord-Tenant disputes.
- Quiet Title/Declaratory Relief.
- Loan Default and Creditor rights/remedies.
- Corporation and LLC formation and maintenance.
- Shareholder/Member agreements.
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Commercial Financing.
- Equipment Purchase/Maintenance agreements.
- Equipment Leasing.
- Employment/Severance Agreements.
- Health Care Services agreements.
- Breach of Contract and Enforcement.
- Non-Compete and Restrictive Covenant Enforcement.
- Commercial Collections.
- Fraud/Misrepresentation Claims.
Legal Malpractice Defense
- Real Estate Malpractice Claims
- Malicious Prosecution Claims
- Collection Malpractice Claims
Other Professional Malpractice Defense – Accountants
- Financial Statement Malpractice Claims
- Business Consulting Malpractice Claims
- Income Tax Return Malpractice Claims